Brake noise (BJ8)

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake noise (BJ8)
From: "Thomas Mulligan" <tpmul@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:48:15 -0400
Thanks for all the replies to my request for help with the brake noise
coming from my right rear wheel. Many of you made suggestions to look where
I would have never thought to look. I think I have narrowed it down to my
hand brake mechanism. While my rear brakes appear to be correctly adjusted
and not worn, the hand brake appears to need some slack taken out. I have
searched the archives and could find nothing about adjusting the hand brake.
And the manuals are very elusive on the subject.
Can anyone explain the procedure?
Thanks
Tom

Check out the new British Cars Forum: