door window weather seals

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: door window weather seals
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:15:06 EDT
We ran into problems today while trying to install the weather stripping that
goes on the inside & outside of the door glass on a '65 Sprite. It appears
that the door glass needs to be in place before the weather strips are
installed, but this makes it very difficult to install the weather strips &
clips. We
got the outside rubber weather strip installed, but cannot figure out how to
install the inside weather strip. I have several questions:
1. Does the inside weather strip install with the stainless steel bead up
(visible)  or down?
2. The clips have two 90 degree tabs on them. Do the tabs go against the
weather strip or against the door metal?
3. What is the correct procedure for installing the clips & weather strip?
Thanks,
Gary

Check out the new British Cars Forum: