chrome wires

To: <Simonlachlan@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: chrome wires
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:09:33 -0700
I'm thinking about chrome wires and I'm exploring options with regard to
keeping them clean."

Simon:
You probably mean polished stainless wires with chrome rims, right?
Chromed wires are weaker because of the process. Polished stainless looks
almost exactly the same but has the strength we all want.
I had the PS wires on my Harleys, 72 spoke just like my BJ8. I would use a
strip cloth to clean each and every one.
Very difficult and took hours.
Then one day at Kragen's I saw the Mequire's wheel spray.
I spray it on and brush with a very soft bristle then hose it off within 45
seconds or so.
Then I take my leaf blower to dry them.
They look like you spent hours and hours on them. Mine are 2.5 years old and
still look brand new.
I've tried other brands of wheel cleaners and they all work fine.
Nothing to it. Just take the car out for a drive right after hosing so the
front rotors don't show the rust.
Ron
67 BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: