Leaking Brake Fluid on 2

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaking Brake Fluid on 2
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:25:32 +0100 (BST)
I've been losing brake fluid - I traced it to the joint between the pipe down
from the reservoir to the master cylinder, at the master cylinder. Instead of
the pipe joining to the master cylinder with a single male connector and pipe
swage [which is what I was expecting] it goes into some sort of adaptor, the
male end of which has the correct Whitworth thread, but seals with an O ring
into the master cylinder. When I stripped everything down I noticed that the
thread on the pipe male connector is too short for the depth of the female
thread in the master cylinder. I wonder if the adaptor was an attempt to put
this right.

Can someone with a BN2 tell me what the hook-up should be? I will need a new
pipe anyway since the thread, wrench flats and swage are all in poor condition.
Any advice on who to order from? Do I need the adaptor?

Thanks

Check out the new British Cars Forum: