##@@!! brakes again!

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ##@@!! brakes again!
From: john lakie <doelakie@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
After nearly 3 months of trouble free Healeying this
summer, my brake system has once again let me down!!
In early July I rebuilt my PBR servo and re-installed
it in my BJ8 after running several years without one.
It took a lot of bleeding but I finally got the thing
working.  As I mentionned I've had decent "pedal" and
have been running trouble free. Yesterday, without
warning, the brake pedal started inching it's way
closer and closer to the floor each time I used it!
Soon I found the pedal going right to the floor on the
first "pump".  Fortunately with several strokes, I
could regain pressure and bring the vehicle to a stop.
Once I got back home I checked the reservoir and found
     it full, so I proceeded to bleed the servo.  In a
few minutes I was able to remove some air, and restore
good "pedal".  This morning I started it up and tried
it again, and a few strokes later, the pedal was back
on the floor! My subsequent attempt to rid the system
of air (bleeding the servo)became futile.  The master
cylinder was rebuilt several years ago, and has
performed flawlessly and I still do not appear to be
losing any fluid. What gives?????
Thanks in advance - any input would be greatly
appreciated.

John Lakie
65 BJ8