Brake servo reinstall and brake bleeding

To: list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake servo reinstall and brake bleeding
From: Scot paulson <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:43:01 -0400
Can someone shed some light on the correct procedure to bleed the hydraulic
system after a brake servo removal and replacement?
Some people on the list have met this with varying degrees of success,lots
of air in the system,etc.
Is there something special to do other than a normal bleeding?
 I had my servo rebuilt, thus it is the original Girling unit. It is back
in the car and awaiting a hydraulic system bleed.
I have heard of "bleeding the servo" although mine has no bleed port on the
unit to do so.
One shop recommends bleeding the system normally,starting the car and
pumping the brakes,then bleed again.

Just what is happening in the brake system during this procedure? Anyone
have first hand experience at this?

Scot
'66 BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: