Pertronix correction

To: "Healey Folks" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pertronix correction
From: "nick klein" <klein.ns@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:44:06 -0700
Because there are so many Pertronix users with good results, I'd like to
correct my previous statement about a Pertronix unit which I installed in my
BJ8 a year ago and I thought had failed.  After intensive investigating a
crank but no-start problem on my car I re-installed the points after which the
car started.  So, I assumed that it was the Pertronix because I had also
replaced the coil.  However, to make sure before returning it where I bought
it (18 months warranty)  I re-installed it and by golly it is working now.
I had also installed a new fuel pump and had inadvertently kinked the fuel
supply hose connecting the steel line to the pump.
What puzzles me however is that the car did not start with the Pertronix but
did start with the points, even with the kink which delivered fuel but died
when put under load.

Assumption is that either a intermittent Pertronix which decides when to work
and when not or who knows.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: