Re: Ruddspeed (was Re: Train Robbers Sports Car for Sale)

To: bspidell@pacbell.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ruddspeed (was Re: Train Robbers Sports Car for Sale)
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:10:20 EDT
I have a magazine article somewhere, circa 1961, and, I also have some actual
correspondence (airmailed onionskins) from Ken Rudd, when I was considering
getting the parts for my 1959 BN7, which was the AH I owned prior to my present
tricarb.

>From memory - I'll try and find the actual:

Three 1-3/4" carbs (probably HD6s) on individual ribbed aluminum manifolds.
A hotter cam (do not believe specs were published - PROBABLY sim. to BJ8
grind)
Instructions on how to raise compression to 9.7:1
Claimed BHP was 180 (not unreasonable)
Knocked over a second off both 0-60 and SS 1/4m.
Top speed was "over 120"
There were some handling/chassis parts/mods offered too.

Hope that helps.

Dick Hosmer
HBT7L18556 (running again!)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: