It's a Small Healey World

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It's a Small Healey World
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
`While searching for a venue for the AHCA Northeast
Region Holiday party this week, I was talking to a
functions manager.  When he heard it was for the
Austin Healey club he started telling me he knew a
local guy who used to  SCCA race his Healey during the
60s throughout New England and NY.  Sure enough, after
I asked him a few questions, the car he was talking
about was my BJ7 that I bought in 1985 from the
original owner and racer.  Then he told me his dad was
a mechanic at a local american car dealership that
used to sell Healeys back in the day.  It was the same
dealership my car was purchased from when new.  He
said his dad hated foreign cars, but said the only one
he'd ever consider buying was a Healey.
    Strangely enough, I was at another Healey meet
earlier this summer when I was talking to a guy with a
Hemi-engined deuce coupe who happened to be there.  He
also told me about this Healey guy he knew who raced
during the 60s.  Again, it turned out to be my car he
was talking about.
    Have to admit, it was pretty cool running into
people who remembered my car from its glory days.

Rick

http://vote.yahoo.com

Check out the new British Cars Forum: