Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shield

To: Robert - 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 65BJ8 solid state ignition, and, carb heat shield
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:51:06 -0700
Rob,

IMHO toss the electronics over your shoulder and go to points.
You might even be able to recoup a few bucks by selling it on ebay.
Others here will swear by petronics units, each to their own.

The heat shields and rivits are available from Moss or BCS of Stockton.

Good luck with the rebuilding.  :-)

Tracy

Robert - 65BJ8 wrote:

>Hello List,
>
>A BJ8 restoration is making slow but solid progress.
>Help would be appreciated on a couple of items:
>
>1.  My car has an Allison Automotive [Covina, CA]
>solid state ignition module, [about 2x3 inches] and
>the associated optical trigger in the distributor.
>Does anyone have experience with this device - good or
>bad, and does anyone have a circuit diagram that came
>with the device.  AS far as I remember before the tear
>down it was working, but I now need to decide on its
>future?
>
>2.  My carb heat shield has lost all the padding
>material that was originally attached on the
>underside.  The shield is fine and I would rather keep
>the original.  I would like to attach an equivalent
>material to the underside.  Has anyone found a source
>of suitable material - presumably without asbestos.
>Does Home Depot have something in sheet for that would
>hold up to the heat, dirt and time?
>
>Many thanks,
>Robert, 65BJ8, CA
>

>=====
>Robert - 65BJ8
>rnbmail@yahoo.com
>Cell: 408-221-5244
>
>If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
>sender asap - Thank You.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: