Re: Tricarb Idle, and other recent issues

To: davidwjones@cox.net, healeymanjim@joimail.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tricarb Idle, and other recent issues
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:38:59 EDT
I must lead a charmed life (and I should enjoy it while it lasts) but my
tricarb, just out of a 15-year layup, idles just fine at about 800RPM once
warm.
The carbs have NEVER been rebuilt (I know, I'm the original owner) but whatever
adjusting/fiddling I did years ago seems to have worked.

Yes, I DO appreciate how lucky I am - both to have the car, AND to have
everything (including the original fuel pump!) still working so well. You may
recall my frozen clutch? It had to be replaced - but, the gearbox (naturally I
checked it while it was out) got a clean bill of health. Brakes are next, and
the
winter will see numerous small odds and ends attended to.

I'm keeping my 48-spoke wheels, and recently fitted Michelin 175R-15 XZ tires
from Coker. So far, I am quite pleased with them - and, they look "right" in
the wheelwells.
Unfortunately, they no longer seem to be listed, so I may not be able to
replace them.

Dick Hosmer
Tricarb BT7L18556

Check out the new British Cars Forum: