Re: Concours

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Concours
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:58:24 -0500
I want to jump in here for just a second and remind everyone where we
started here... and where we end up...

You have to respect someone who takes the time to complete a concours
car.... I take offense to anyone downplaying or disrespecting Bob Denton's
efforts here... his car was in fact being questioned... pictures were stolen
and used and then the authenticity was questioned... He had a right to
question that publicly...  as a business man I understand him protecting his
investment.  Mostly lets all understand that doing a car to this level is an
investment... ( didn't say it was a good one... we'll just call it emotional
if nothing else )

In the past Concours cars were the only level that club's really cared
about... then many years ago that started to change when most of us showed
up with popular class cars and brought the love of Healey' as pure driving
enthusiats... ( not saying you can't drive a concours car )  Today popular
class cars represent the majority of the club's membership and interest...
We all need to be aware of the diversity we have both in automobles and in
our interest in this hobby....

For me it was Donald Healey's efforts at Bonneville.... and I've had folks
beat me up for chatting about that on the list.... but the reality is that
is what interests me....    Guess I'm just pulling a rodney king here ( and
no he doesn't deserve his name capitalized... he was a criminal )

We need to all get along.... and respect each others interests....

Just my two cents...

Keith

Check out the new British Cars Forum: