Re: Charleston car show

To: jbpate@attglobal.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Charleston car show
From: WmsRbt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:44:57 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/04 10:44:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbpate@attglobal.net writes:

> If the person from Charlotte with the very nice red/black BJ8 at the
> show last Saturday in Charleston is on this board, please contact me. I
> want to know where you got those extra rear view mirrors.  Barry Pate
> BJ8 Chapel Hill, NC

Barry,  I think that would be me...

The mirrors came from Healey Surgeons, Inc. Takoma Park MD 301-270-8811
www.healeysurgeons.com , "clip-on" side mirror MIR-009.  I have one mirror
mounted
on the left quarter-window post and one mounted on the top of the window
frame.  The one mounted on the qtr-window allows a generous view to rear-left,
since it is close, and is easily adjusted while driving.  The one mounted on
the
top of the window frame is centered and gives a great view to the
rear/rear-right, especially with the top down (incidently, this is mounted
"upside-down"
with a bit of bending of bracket, so the top can be put up w/out taking off the
mirror).  The mirror also can be positioned to give a good view to rear-right
with the top up, when the rear-view is restricted (the dash mounted mirror is
more than adequate for rear-view only with the top up, as we all know).

Both additional mirrors are easily removed and do not require any drilling.

(Thank you, Pete Delaney of Harrisburg NC, for doing a beautiful restore on
the car.)

Robert Williams

Check out the new British Cars Forum: