Are all bix six clutch masters the same?

To: "healey \(E-mail\)" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Are all bix six clutch masters the same?
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:51:05 -0800 (PST)
I am still fiddling with my BN7 - Smitty conversion.
I finally got the Toyota trans properly rebuilt.  Had
to replace the input shaft and main shaft since the
needle bearing imploded destroying both parts. Can't
believe the shop rebuilt it the first time (last week)
without replacing these parts???

While I was at it, I replaced the clutch disk with a
Toyota Supra disk, since the custom "Clutchnet" disk
was cracked. Took my first drive today.

Good news is the trans is finally quiet!

Bad news is the clutch is not fully releasing.  Seems
like I am just not getting enough throw on the slave.
It was bled.

I am considering replacing the clutch master with a
master with a larger bore, and limiting the pedal to
prevent over extending the slave.  Any thoughts.  I
can't take the trans out again... I just need an
additional 1/4 inch.

Dean BN7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: