new Octane Magazine

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new Octane Magazine
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:23:48 EST
Just got my latest issue of Octane magazine in the mail -- excited to see
three rare big Healeys on the cover. Turns out the cover story is about the
incredible collection of that anonymous Healey collector in England who has
Donald's 100S coupe, two of John Gott's rally cars, one of the Rolls-Healeys,
and a
number of other rare historic Healeys that live in a climate-controlled garage
in a location that is never divulged. I know Bill Emerson managed to get in to
photograph a few of the cars for his book, but I believe this is the first
time that any magazine has ever had access to, and documented, the entire
collection. If you don't subscribe, it's worth looking for this issue on the
better
bookstore newsstands.
Have to say that from a standing start, Octane (in my view, at least) has
exploded into first place among the classic car magazines published in the
United
States or England, always getting really interesting cars (see the indepth
article on Old Yeller II in this issue) and presenting them with vibrant
layouts, while also covering events well, picking up major personalities (e.g.
Stirling Moss, Jay Leno) as regular columnists and generally doing everything
right
for the true automotive enthusiast.
(N.F.I. or other connection; just enjoy good motoring journalism).
Cheers
Gary Anderson