Re: License Plates

To: "Austin Healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: License Plates
From: "Pat and Gary Rice" <patgaryrice@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:13:30 -0800
Ed Kaler and Hortense;  You can keep your ten spot, because I'm definitely
shorter than Gary and probably heavier now.  Gary and I started car
collecting about 1953.  He bought a Velie, (don't remember year of
manufacture), which was built in Rock Island, Il.  It's in the museum.  I
bought a 1928 Nash 4 door, 6 cyl. with aluminum pistons I discovered when
overhauling the engine.  I was 16 at the time.  I chuckle at the problems
with Lucas electric fuel pumps on the Healey's.  The old Nash had a vacuum
tank with a cork float and an updraft carburetor.  Fortunately my Father was
quite knowledgable when the fuel quit flowing, he built a new fitting that
solved the loss of vacuum.  Having a blast with the 3000 here in Ca.  Can
drive it year round as opposed to 6 months or so in Il.  I recently joined
the AHCA affiliated with Golden Gate Austin Healey Austin Healey Club.  I've
been a member of the Central Coast British Car Club for several years now.
Jim Albeck was the first guy I met at the CCBCC.  Great guy.  We showed our
cars together several times.  He had a great Jensen Healey.  May cross paths
in the future.  We get back to Illinois about once a year since we still
have family there.
Gary Rice
61 HBT7L
Ventura, Ca