1960 circa 12V Earth alternator options

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1960 circa 12V Earth alternator options
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:15:16 -0800 (PST)
Good day fellow listers,

This is probably the first in a number of questions I'm going to have for the
list regarding my winter project.  My goal is to stay close to original and if
mods are done to stay close to those options available to Healey owners in
1960.  Thank you all in advance for any help and suggestions you can offer.

I'm in the process of planning an preping for an engine and tranny rebuild this
winter.  There are a few enhancements I am considering.  One such enhancement
is replacing the original generator with a period negative ground alternator.
I've heard (I believe on this list) that, when done, it was common to use a
Lucas Alternator from a Jag.  I'm hoping someone on the list can confirm that.
Any experience with, information, description, part #, etc. is greatly
appreciated.

I would also appreciate knowing if there are other options that will yield
similar results. Any suggestions on sourcing these parts is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Carlos Cruz