Re: Re-assembly sequence & advice

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re-assembly sequence & advice
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:50:06 -0500
Can't reply to the specific longbridge related questions, but I can the
others.

The beads are exactly that, just a bead, with a bottom side slit with periodic
(tin?) strips (tabs) that can be slid along the groove. Ideally the beads
should be installed while the outer car surface is in primer, then taped for
the final paint. The fenders should be loosened enough that the tabs will fit
in between the fender and shroud easily without scratching, but only along the
tops to avoid them shifting.. With at LEAST  2 people to handle the bead and
avoid having the tabs scratch the paint, Maneuver the bead into place with the
tabs at the beginning and end of the bead and reasonably evenly spaced in
between. Tighten the fenders ALMOST all the way. Use the tabs (from the inside
of body to pull the bead down to the surface of the crease between the fender
and shroud. Once positioned correctly, spread the tabs against the underside
of the crease/panels. Finish tightening fenders.

I've been told that the anti corrosion strips serve to trap water and that you
are better off with good coats of paint and garaging the car.

I used 3M Metal panel adhesive on the shroud -so it does not show, and 3M
spray adhesive on the tarpaper under the dash. Seems to be neat and has held
up in my hot garage.

On the BT7 the gas tank is just covered with armacord.