tricarbs

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tricarbs
From: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:37:59 -0500
Normans directions were simple. With carbs off and jets out, close the
throttle and hold the carb up to a strong light, any light visible and
the throttle plates need to be loosened and adjusted, that said, it took
some patience and time to complete this task. I was using new throttle
plates and shafts, re-installed and used a carb synch to finish the task
with linkage loosened. Getting the linkage tolerances set was also time
consuming, although the body panels are not all installed or the
interior my son and I could not resist a short drive to check things out
before completion. Although there have been many comments on the
subject, I could not see any way to deal with all the mechanical
components with out putting the painted body panels on last. I may live
to regret this statement, but we are relatively sure everything is
functioning before we begin the detail work   Kurt L. Mass