Re: Carpet Kit Sources

To: "57 Healey" <57healey@gmail.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: Carpet Kit Sources
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:42:00 -0500
Patton,
Have you asked Heritage for a quote? I just got in a full carpet set for a
BJ8 and it came to $469.00 CDN. which is roughly $380.00 U.S. and that's
their Karvel carpet, complete with all the correct patterns, bound only
where correct, floor carpet snaps, etc. included.
Mos's carpet price for this car is $309.95.
Seems to me there's no comparison.
It seems to me that to buy a cheaper carpet kit now much of which you have
to glue in, and then spend more in 3 or 4 years again, tear that temporary
kit out and throw it away and put good money down again for a permanent set
is an awful lot of work and at least half again the total expense.
By the way, the correct interior colours for your finished Pacific Green/
White car would be Grey (Heritage calls it "parchment") with dark green
carpets and dark green seat piping.
I understand you have quite new black interior you will be using for a
while. Dark green carpets installed wouldn't be all that bad and you'd only
be spending on carpets once.
Rich Chrysler