Re: Air Compressor Advice (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Advice (Healey Restoration Tools/Not Healey
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:52:25 -0800
re:
>I am looking at a Craftsman compressor at Sears, I believe it is 5.5 or 6.0
> hp and 33 gallon, on sale with some air tools and hose for $300.

I have this rig (though I got the upright tank which is 30g).  It's fine for
light
work, but not for continuous airtool power.  It drives a cutoff tool fairly
well,
and they use a bit of air, but it needs to catch its breath every 15 seconds or
so.

It's not as noisy as some oilless compressors I've heard.

I've had it a couple of years with no problems.

bs