RE: rear end growl continued

To: "'Freese, Ken'" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>,
Subject: RE: rear end growl continued
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:40:17 -0500
Ken,
You should be able to determine if the noise is from the gearbox or the diff
by listening for it in 4th gear as you mentioned. If it is not there in 4th
but is there in 3rd then 20:1 it is in the gearbox.
Although it may be more than you want to spend I use this device for noise
analysis.
http://jcsonlinetoolshed.com/product.php/3668/129//4e91830f3139565abfb7b72d5
09a279d
It is invaluable and very accurate.