And to my Cat, Rasputin, I leave.....

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: And to my Cat, Rasputin, I leave.....
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:28:51 -0500
....a can opener, 3 cases of little Friskies, and a 1962 Austin Healey 3000 MK
II tricarb....

In a recent exchange with another lister off list, he mentioned that his kids
would have to decide who got the Healey when he was gone...
Now, I am not planning to go anytime soon, but I have thought about what to
have done with my Healey when I do go.
I don't have any children or nephews to leave it to, and my best friend who is
into LBCs is my age. I think that my two sisters prefer to appreciate it from
a distance. -I don't have any intention to sell the car in my lifetime, and I
have been trying to figure out what would be a good plan for it.
I spent a great deal of time money and effort restoring the car to a high
level. Thinking of my sisters trying to sell the car for anywhere near what it
is worth, leaves me a little queasy. -And neither of them really needs what
would be the proceeds. -And I would like to somehow insure that the car  will
have a good home.
I figure I cannot be the only one to have thought of this, and was wondering
if anyone had arrived at a plan. I had thought of the possibility of donating
it somewhere... but don't know if anyplace like the Museum of Transportation
in Boston would be interested..
Strenuously, Any ideas?
...and no, I don't want to be buried in it....although, ..I do have a
removable hard top....!!!