Re: Tail, turn signal, front parking lights

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, donham1@cox.net
Subject: Re: Tail, turn signal, front parking lights
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:41:31 +0000 (GMT)
Don,

I had a similar problem on my BN2. In my case, the parking lights came on but
not the headlights. You don't say which Healey you have, but on mine, there is
a bunch of "bullet" connectors for the wires to all the front lights. They are
in the engine compartment between the bulkhead and the engine, just below the
top of the valve cover. I traced the wires back from the light units to find
them. When I pulled the bullets apart, two of the female connectors were
rusted. I remade the connections with new bullets to solve the problem. I was
also thinking it could be the parking light contacts in the dash switch, but
this would affect the rear parking lights as well.

Mike