Re: Best way to degrease an engine bay - paint a slightly dirty

To: robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net, 57healey@gmail.com, grain@auracom.com
Subject: Re: Best way to degrease an engine bay - paint a slightly dirty
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:02:32 -0600
Robert,

I've had some success covering surface rust with POR 15. I "feel" better
having the rust covered. Clean the area, let dry well and slather on...

Looking into the engine bay is better now even though the grey I used is not
the correct color. I just know the metal is better protected. I know there
are cracks and crevasses I may have missed and that's were the rot will take
place.

I want to drive the Healey as a beater for a bit before I tear her down and
I don't want the surface rust exposed, especially now. They are salting the
roads in KY because there are fears it may snow sometime this winter.

KY and winter.....I'm going to wear my helmet to bed in case the roof caves
in, or maybe...I'm putting a condom on now in case this week I get....

Wee,

-Scott
Mashed BN7