Adjustable Timing Gears for Big Healeys and K&N Filters for

To: "healeylist" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Adjustable Timing Gears for Big Healeys and K&N Filters for
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:06:57 -0800
WARNING: Semi-commercial content and product endorsement.

A while back I pinged the List about interest in K&N filter setups for
BJ8s.  Dave Anton of Advanced Performance Technologies
(http://www.aptfast.com/) built a prototype set based on specs from
me.  Dave is now working on the first, small production run of these
filters for sale.  If you are interested please contact me and I will let
you know of the progress (Dave is waiting for the blank backing
plates that he will custom machine for BJ8s).  I will also provide
installation tips (I installed a PCV valve, but Dave has an adapter
that will work with the crankcase vent tube).

Dave also now has adjustable timing gear sets for Big Healeys, both
vernier and key-slot types, at a very reasonable price.

Background:  I drive my BJ8 up to 6K miles a year, sometimes through
dusty backroads and deserts.  I have wanted a better set of air filters
for a long time.  A while back, I approached Dave at APT and asked if
he could provide a K&N filter set built to accomodate the BJ8's
(and BJ7's) unique carb setup (the front filter has to sit very low
to clear the bonnet).  Dave made the prototypes and I installed them
on my BJ8 and provided feedback to him.  In return, I promised to
mention this product to the List and otherwise help promote them
(several people from the List have expressed interest).  Dave graciously
supplied me with the filters and a pair of extremely well-made "billet
stub-stacks" that work with the K&N filter set (this is a machined piece
of aluminum that provides a radiused opening and greater airflow for
SU carburettors, possibly good for a couple HP).

Full Disclosure:  Dave has done a great deal of work to develop some
really nice aftermarket products for our cars.   I have received no
compensation and expect none.  I believe it's within the List usage parameters
to support specialty manufacturers who are willing to build otherwise
unobtainable products for our cars, but if you disagree I apologize.

bs