Battery Cable & Shock Oil

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battery Cable & Shock Oil
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:45:08 -0800
Two questions,  Feel free to answer either or both.

What size or type battery cable to buy (BN7)?  The existing cable from back
of car to engine bay may or may not be original.  It has 37 copper strands.
British Wiring (www.britishwiring.com) stocks this type and a 61 strand
cable which they suggest is better for the long run from the back of the car
to the front.  Do I need the 61strand or is the 37 strand cable OK?

How long is shock oil inside NOS shocks good.  I bought some NOS rear
shocks.  They were still in the original bags.  I don't see a manufacture
date but they must be old.  They seem to work fine but I was wondering if I
should open them up to change the oil or just use them as is?

As always, thanks for any advise.  And have a happy and safe New Year.
Ron