Re: rear disc conversions

To: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>,
Subject: Re: rear disc conversions
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:09:16 -0000
Hello John,
As a "special" Christmas present, and also to ALL listers I will give you a
present that I think you will find to be very worth while, especially
in-view of  the sheer extortionate prices being charged for this conversion.
The rear Girling disc brake calipers are from a Jaguar XJ6 or XJS, these can
usually be purchased for about 50 pounds STG per pair in the UK [ all
handbrake linkage assemblies are already fitted}
For the solid brake discs I would suggest that you obtain the ones used on
the rear of a Range Rover,[ slight modifications needed ie: open out stud
holes, small shim required to run disc in centre of caliper}
Also you will need to extend bell-crank of handbrake mechanism, [balance
lever part no:1G7485] to give more leverage.
Certain parts of the end of the axle  tube requires grinding away to clear
the caliper.
For the main adaptor plate this is simply cut out of sheet plate, if in
doubt contact me and I will forward you all dimensions.
Seasons Greetings to you all, and may we  look forward to a World of less
trauma in 2005.
Regards.
David.
www.bighealey.ltd.uk