Tire Pressure

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tire Pressure
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:07:32 -0800
Hello List,

What is the collective wisdom out there on the best tire pressure to use in
185/70-SR15 Vredestein tires mounted on reproduction MiniLite wheels running
w/ 23 psi pressure?  The idea was that since these tires are wider than
original and have a higher load rating, they should be run at a lower pressure
than normal.  My freshly restored BT7 MK2 has this set-up.  It has what I
would describe as a "bouncy" or "jiggly" ride on pavement that is less than
smooth.  The entire front suspension has urethane bushings, but this feel
seems to come from the rear as much, or more, then the front.  All four shocks
have less than 1600 miles on them.

This ride became more noticable to me when as an early Christmas present to
myself I took back to back drives in the above car, my freshly restored BN7
MK2 and my BT7 (MK1).  Both those cars have 60 spoke wires and 165 tires.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  TIA

John Snyder