Re: Martha's Vinyard Trip

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Martha's Vinyard Trip
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:20:59 -0800
David:

Healey travel involving ferries is all but routine for those of us that live
on Vancouver Island, or any of the small Islands in both BC and Washington
State.  I have had my Healeys on ferries literally hundreds of times over
the years without problems.

BC Ferries' deck crews are pretty good about collector vehicles - they will
adjust loading ramps on request, and allocate the car to a 'friendlier'
space when possible.  I am normally able to request a known roomier space on
most sailings - they are usually willing to co-operate.  (one gets familiar
with the various ships in the fleet!).  At times, a bit of common sense when
driving the car onto (or off) the ship is advised - a bit of an angle when
driving over an iffy ramp joint, especially for the tri-carb, which has less
clearance.

Some of the most memorable trips my wife and I have done in the company of
other British cars involve 'small' ferries - usually day trips - from
Vancouver Island to the various Gulf Islands, sometimes 20 - 30 British cars
on an 80 - 100 vehicle ferry.  Trips to the mainland are done on 400 - 500
vehicle multi deck roll-on, roll-off vessels.  Most trips to Healey or other
car gatherings begin and end with a ferry ride for us islanders.

Take the trip and enjoy - if I were there, I'd be coming along!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8