Re: SU Carbs

To: Ben Prince <blprince2@comcast.net>, Healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Ben -

The carbs for a stock BN1 are exactly the same as the
BN2.  They are H4 carbs.  H4s from other cars may not
work because they can have different levers, linkages,
needles and springs.

BN1 H4s do not have overflow tubes on the float
chambers. They are vented through a little slit in the
top of the float chamber.  I put tubes on them anyway
just to keep my carbs clean.

Adjusting the float is the same as most other british
cars.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8