Heritage carpet installation

To: "healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Heritage carpet installation
From: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:29:09 -0500
Listers:
I'm finally getting around to installing the Heritage carpet kit in my
BN4. Like all of Heritage's products the quality is great. I've gotten
the digital photo's from Heritage on their installation process and
gotten a copy of Rich Chrysler's intructions for installing carpet in
a BT7 (Our BN4 is a late Abington car so shoud be virtually the same).
I've got a couple of questions before getting into this.
1. Should the carpet for the rear floor (under the seats)
be cut (slotted) to install around the seat rails ? The pieces in the
kit have not been but I'm thinking you should be able to remove then
in case the get wet.
2. Rich's instructions indicate that a side shift BT7 should have 4
snaps for the transmission tunnel carpet on each side. My removable
tunnel (original to the car) has 2 on each side. The rear , permanent,
tunnel has no indication of ever having snaps installed. Should a late
BN4 have the same 4 snaps on each side as in Rich's BT7 instructions ?
3. I'm using a high tech insulation material in place of the tarpaper
that originally covered the floors. The material is called Kool Mat
and is a dense silicon rubber bonded to a fiberglass cloth about 1/8
inch thick. Installing this doesn't seem to be a problem but my
question is how to glue the jute in the footwell and front
transmission cover to it. Seems like the normal contact cements and
spray adhesives might not stick to the silicon rubber srface. Anyone
have experience with something like this ?

Sam, BN4