Racing a Sports Car

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Racing a Sports Car
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:05:21 +1100
G'day

Trust all my friends have a prosperous and safe 2005 and are digging
deep to help those who have lost so much through the tsunamis.

I thought I would spread the word about a book that's coming up on eBay
in just on 12 hours.

It's called "Racing a Sports Car" and was written by Charles Mortimer.
This edition published in 1957 tells the story of he and his wife Jean
racing a HWM and significantly a Healey Silverstone in the late 1940s
and early 1950s.

The writer goes into some detail on what it was like racing back then,
preparing the Healey and dealing with the DHMC. It is also well written
and is a good read as well.

If you're fair dinkum about the history of Healeys and the Donald Healey
Motor Company this book is a must have in your library.

I have no connection with the book for sale except to promote the
history of perhaps the most prolific motor vehicle manufacturers in the
post WW2 period.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4515864047&ss
PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hoo Roo