Interior help needed.

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Interior help needed.
From: <johnlink@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:21:35 -0500
I am the owner of a 1966 BJ8 which is black with a red interior.  The interior
is original and in very nice condition with the exception of the covering on
the side of the driver's seatback where the inattentive driver's backside would
slide across the seatback.  The part I am trying to describe is the "ear" at
the bottom of the seatback through which the bolt passes to attach the back to
the seat bottom frame.  I have looked at local fabric shops for a suitable
vinyl to cover this part of the seatback, but have been unable to find
anything.  I contacted Heritage Upholstery and obtained samples of their vinyl
with the thought that I would buy a yard to make a new component. The samples
they provided were too "grained" and were far off the original color.  Does
anyone have a used red "ear" that they would be willing to part with, maybe
saved after a complete seat recovering?  If not does anyone have an idea where
I could purchase similar smooth red vinyl to make the part I need?  If not does
anyone have any ideas short of a complete seat reupholstering job that might
help?  The seats are too nice otherwise to do a complete recover and they match
the original door panels, interiior panels, console, etc.  Thanks.  John
Linkosky