Brakes

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brakes
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:42:48 -0800
I just replaced the wheel cylinders and brake hoses on my BN1.  I also rebuilt
the master cylinder.

With everything reassembled, I can't get any fluid into the system.  I have
pumped on the pedal with a bleed plug loose, but to no avail.  I hooked up a
suction device at a wheel cylinder and created 20 psi vacuum, but it doesn't
draw any fluid either.

Perhaps I screwed up the master cylinder rebuild, but I don't think so.  I
did, however, neglect to bench bled the master cylinder before I installed it,
but it seems that would not be insurmountable.   Any suggestions on how to get
fluid into the system and bleed it?  Is there a cap adapter so one can
pressurize the fluid reservoir?

Many thanks,
Ben
54 BN1