RE: BJ8 Choke Cable

To: <Broc07940@netscape.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: BJ8 Choke Cable
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:47:45 -0500
Hi Ted,
There a couple of little tricks to this one. If your choke cable assembly is
an original you when you pull the inner cable out completely you find that a
hex (Allen) key inserted into the hole can be used to tighten the nut.
To keep the nut tight I usually install a 5/8 x 11 stamped spring steel lock
nut. These grip more the more they are tightened and will completely solve
the problem of the nut loosening off.
To grip the nut or the lock nut use a 5/8" spark plug socket with the cable
outer thread through the square drive hole of the socket and a wrench on the
hex area of the plug socket. This will of course require removing the cable
outer from the splitter assembly which can be a bear to refit.
Refitting is made easier by removing the splitter assembly from the
firewall, installing the primary cable then refitting the splitter.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com