Re: walnut dash finish

To: ermontresor@snet.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: walnut dash finish
From: Drtrite@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:59:19 EST
In a message dated 1/27/05 4:08:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ermontresor@snet.net writes:
I have just completed veneering my dash and not sure what finish to apply.
Maybe a urethane of some sort or a clear epoxy. Someone suggested a polyester
resin but I am not familiar with it nor can I fine it.   Any suggestions?
thanks
Hi Gene,
I just finished doing a veneer and finish job on a dash.

I hope you got your venner down tight.

I use a product called EnviroTex Lite. It is a high gloss pour on finish. An
8 fl. oz. kit ( $9 at Hobbie Lobby Store) will do a Healey dash just fine. I
am sure Enviro Tex has  web site to find stores in your area.

 Have the edges painted the correct brown and stain veneer to your likes.

Quick instruction:
1.Set dash on level plastic cups
2.Clean off any dust.
3.Mix equal parts resin and hardener
4.Pour on dash, spread if needed.
5.Exhale on finish to get any air bubbles out.
6.Cover dash with box or aluminum foil tent to keep any dust off
7. Let finish set up per instructions in box.

I would send you a picture, but it would not do justice to how well it turns
out.

Thanks,
Don Lenschow

www.healey.org