Healey 100 at BJ

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 100 at BJ
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:24:02 EST
I just looked at the Concours directory -- if I'm not mistaken, the car was
restored by Rob Phillips, then living in Portland Oregon, and was judged gold
at Conclave in Rockford, IL in July of 1990 -- the magazine cover is of the car
in front of the Clock Tower Resort taken at that meet. The car was originally
judged on the west coast in what I believe was the last pre-Concours Registry
AHCPC meeet judging. It had some flaws at that time, as I recall, so was
transported to Conclave for the 1990 judging.
It is listed as a 100 LeMans, so was never claimed to be a factory M -- and
in fact the wording in the program says just that it has 100M modifications.
That suggests that the car is going on 16 years since restoration. Shows that
if a car is maintained, it can gain value -- it wouldn't have sold for over
$35k when first restored.

Cheers
Gary