B-J question

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: B-J question
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:20:13 -0500
Listers,

Like many of you I have been watching numerous hours of the B-J auction.  I am
intrigued by the BIG money many cars are bringing.  $100k, 200k, 300k and much
more for many of them.  Which brings me to a question I would like to toss
out.  At what point in dollars spent does one of these cars become a museum
piece for the buyer?  At what point in dollars spent is it sane and safe to
drive them for any real distance?

One of my favorites so far has been the 1961 Chrysler 300G.  But if I paid
$190k for it I would never drive it.  Hell, I would never take it out of its
vacuum sealed pack!!!!

Neither of my 3000s would bring near the money the AH cars have sold for on
B-J so far .  Owning two dependable drivers is all I can manage.  But I am not
going to allow them to collect dust and I do not hesitate to drive them.
However, for my financial situation I am always watching the other guy when I
do.

Keith Pennell