Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Value

To: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Value
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:49:10 -0500
Keith,
You are talking semantics. The fact remains, in the case I put forth, the
seller influences what the buyer will pay. There is a difference in the way
luxury items are bought and sold, and in the way that say, a gallon of milk is
sold. Pricing on rare or exclusive items can be controlled to a greater extent
by the seller.
Healeys fall somewhere in the middle, as they are not common, but there are
enough sellers that sellers have trouble controlling the price.
David.