One more comment about Barrett-Jackson, but not $ value

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: One more comment about Barrett-Jackson, but not $ value
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:41:49 -0500
Hello, Healeyphiles -

I made a comment a few days ago about how the lack of VIN identification in
the Barrett-Jackson descriptions was frustrating for me, and one of my pet
peeves.  A car with a VIN has a history, and one without is anonymous.
Scot most kindly collected for me as many BJ8 VINs as possible at Scottsdale,
and I can now say that if Barrett-Jackson had identified the cars in their ads
the following might have happened:

Our own lister Reid Trummel would have found a car that he used to own.  He
was there. Did he recognize it?

The original engine to one of the B-J cars is installed in a BJ8 in
Pennsylvania.  That knowledge might be important or helpful to somebody.

We could add one more car to the list of BJ8s now accounted for in the BJ8
registry, bringing the total to 5,574 (32% of total production).

Because of Scot's helpfulness, all of the above happened anyway, but Scot
might not be at the next B-J auction.  Had the bonnet been up on a fourth car,
we might know the identity of one more, too.

Happy Healeying!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry