Re: What would it cost?

To: <m.brouillette@comcast.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What would it cost?
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:33:31 -0500
Mike,
This can really depend on so many different factors like for instance will
you be removing all the chrome, beading, lamps, windscreen assembly
dismantling, etc? If you will be doing this re and re stuff, the cost will
be quite a bit less.
Assuming that since you are planning to redo the interior during all this,
you probably will be doing the above.
That being a given, here we go....To have someone hand strip all panels,
reputty, board and prep as required, go through all the extenive masking of
the rest of the car, apply primer surfacers, etc., paint, and remove all
masking and clean things up should likely cost you from $3500 to 6000
including materials.
This of course is not allowing anything for the old poor repairs that will
have to be made right and correcting panel fit that was never quite what it
should have been since ithe parking lot incident in 1969,  and not to
mention corrosion that is revealed once things are stripped bare? Then there
are how many coats of old paint on it? You had no idea!! And so
Been there way too many times.

Rich Chrysler