Re: Rear Spring question

To: don@anglesey.us, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear Spring question
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:59:09 EST
In a message dated 2/2/2005 4:44:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, don@anglesey.us
writes:
My rear springs don't have much spring in their step and I am planning on
adding
Putzke's Bilstein shock kit as well.  I want to replace the rear springs as
well as do something with the front bump stops that are rotting out. Are there
any other owners that have done the conversion with any advice?
------
My rear springs are probably due for a replacement and I have this down as a
Spring (yuc yuc) project.  Last reports I heard were that the current Moss
spring sets are of good quality though they should be dissassembled and painted
before installation.  I'd like to hear from others on the list as to what
sources they have used recently and their opinions on quality.

Last year I put the Bilstein shocks on front and rear and like them very
much.   I had a problem with one of the rears caused by a link to the DW
anti-sway
bar--it was binding on the bolt which fastens through the bottom of the shock
and into a blind hole on the shock mount, causing it to back out.  I cured it
by drilling the mount through slightly oversized and putting a nut on a
longer bolt.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans