Driving in Tasmania

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Driving in Tasmania
From: OldHealeys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:33:33 EST
I have been following this thread, and have traveled some of the roads
mentioned.  BUT, never have I driven anything like Tasmania.  This is  an
island
south of Australia (and one of the Australian states) with fantastic  DRIVING
roads.  There is an anual Rally (race) named the TARGA TASMANIA  that has
rally,
timed stages (A nice way to say RACE), hillclimbs... and  BEAUTIFUL turns...
lots of turns.

I started from Hobart on the south part of the island and drove about 400Km
in one day.  Not much on a freeway, but at the end of the day in Tasmania  my
arms and shoulders ached from the turning.  There was not a straight  more
that 500 feet unless you were in a town and those were few and f-a-r  between.
We had a route book from the TARGA showing wrere the ""timed  Stages" were
located so we could have some special fun.

The route covered 1,387 Km or 861 miles of FUN DRIVING!!

Bill Emerson
Down in the land of OZ and loving it...