Door hinge bolts

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Door hinge bolts
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:38:03 +0100
British engineering has again given me the shivers. My bodyworker asked
me to bring him the doors and mudguards to make sure everything fits. Am
preparing the doors at the moment. Cleaning the 16 hex headed bolts that
hold the hinges to the doors I noticed a few were shorter than the
remainder and yesssss.... according to the Body Parts Manual the 4
hinges are fitted to the doors by means of 16 bolts, 12 of which are
HZS0508 (5/16 x 1") and 4 are HZS0506 (5/16 x 3/4"). Unfortunately the
manual doesn't say where the short ones go.
Any lister who can tell me? (and even nicer: can tell me why???)
Thanks a lot in advance.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432