Re: Carb Cleaning,Concensus

To: Mark and Kathy <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaning,Concensus
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:13:54 -0600
A guy I know who rebuilds Corvair carbs is using a parts cleaner that
is an adaptation of the cleaner an ammunition reloader uses.  It holds
about 3.5 Qt of media and takes about a day to clean and polish a
load.   It's an interesting idea, and his carbs look beautiful, and
are considered to be very high quality.  I would also think that this
would be great for small fasteners and other bits in other parts on
the car.

I don't know if thier are factors that would make this type of
cleaning be OK on a Rochester and not an SU.

He also sells the cleaner for $79.   The cleaning and polishing media
are $5/LB each, and you can get the parts cleaner and 2.5 LB of each
medium for $99, plus postage.   I can get you contact info if
interested.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX