Re: Spokes

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spokes
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:29:50 -0500
Simon,

I am assuming you have broken the tire down to where you can get to the
inside of the wheel.  You should be able to do the replacement with the tire
on the wheel.  Move the rubber wheel liner thingie out of the way.  Remove
the nipples from the offended spokes and take the spokes out through the
hub.  I find it simpler to just cut the spoke with a cutoff grinder!

Note that to remove some of the spokes you may have to remove another which
overlaps it.  Check to see if this is true for the two spokes in question.

Keith Pennell