Fw: Lucas PL tripod headlights

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Lucas PL tripod headlights
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:12:30 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: davidwjones
To: Bruce Starke
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: Lucas PL tripod headlights

Bruce,
I have the PL 700 lamps too, ---I would spend a couple extra bucks and order
the halogen bulbs for these lamps.....  With the standard bulbs the
illumination is...... not awful, but I'd say marginal.
I've been told that the heat from the bulbs can eventually "blue" the
innermost chrome bits in the tripod, but so far, (one season) mine have
not....
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA