Re: Rear disc brake conversion

To: M Fawcett <m.fawcett@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Rear disc brake conversion
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:49:29 +0800
Mike -

As the other lister mentioned, dennis welch and david ward make them.
Unfortunately both out of the UK... currency is going to hurt!

I'd recommend talking to Cape, Steve Norton will likely sell you only
part of the kit if you want (i.e. without the XJ calipers) so that you
can source those locally out of the auto jumble cheaper than buying
them from him Pounds Sterling.  Cape international's kits are more
complete as well... they come with the handbrake cross rods whereas
with the other kits they don't come with them.... you have to make
them yourself.

Dennis Welch's mounting ring is slightly better than Cape's kit,
however, in that it has a little notch cut in it which allows easier
access for the caliper's mounting bolts.  That being said, it would be
no great shakes to grind the notch in the Cape mounting ring as well,
which is almost identical to the dennis welch mounting ring except for
the notch.

As always, just finding a kit is only half the battle, the other half
is getting the thing to work and making sure you have all the parts!

By the way, I've had the Cape kit on my BJ8 for 4 years now... it
really works well!!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8