Re: Pilot Bushing

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pilot Bushing
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:52:56 -0500
Hi, Tom -

"Oil-Lite" is a term for a sintered-bronze bushing that is a bit porous and
allows oil to be contained in the voids.  The bushing I received from Moss a
few years ago appeared to be this type.  The bushing should be soaked in oil
before use, and it helps to heat the oil to help drive out any air and allow
it to be replaced by the oil.  I soaked my bushing overnight in engine oil
after heating.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666